Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at couponclaim.com…
It’s April. Spring is finally here! No more wearing heavy winter coats and hoping that there isn’t any ice on the roads! People are spending more time outside, school will be out in just a matter of weeks and summer vacations are just around the corner! Warm weather fun is on its way! And while longer days with more sunlight are becoming the norm, it is still necessary to think about ways to save money and look for those great deals that allow one to make the most of one’s income. Coupon Claim is here to help you do just that. We have some great Freebies, some money-saving coupon offers, tips and a recipe…so let’s get started!
$avings from Coupon Claim:
Office Max – Use the code TOTE to get a free 3-Piece Bag Set on order of $200.
Advance Auto Parts Coupons 15% Off Nearly Everything with code MC25 at AdvanceAutoParts.com! Plus spend $75 and have it shipped to your home for free to get $30 BB to use on a future $75 order. Ends 4/6
Shoes.com – Use the code EARTH to save 15% off order plus get Free shipping.
- Eucerin has a new promotion where you can choose from 3 different types of samples. Choose your sample based on your skin concerns. If you have extremely dry, skin or just want daily protection.
- Scott has free samples of their ultra-soft toilet paper. To get this freebie sign up with Scott you will have a question or two to answer then you can enter your address to get the freebie. This freebie is from Kimberly Clark, the makers of Kleenex, Viva and other great products.
- Jiffy if giving away a free recipe book for anyone who would like to sign up. This book contains tons of recipes including recipes for chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookie recipes.
- Origin has a freebie where they are giving away free Mini-Facials. Simply claim the offer and print or bring it in on your phone to get your free mini-facial. You will also get a 6 week supply of one of Origins exfoliators. These are great for your skin and with it from the Origins brand, you are sure to love it.
- Print this coupon to get $4.99 off a bottle of Clear Shampoo or Conditioner. The coupon is also located in the weekly CVS Ad that is available in store. The ad details how to get the full sized bottle of Clear Shampoo free. Hurry in this offer ends 4/6/2013.
$hallow Pocket Tips:
Every season brings new ways to save money. Here are some springtime savings tips from pennypinching-grandma.com, to help you stay on track.
- If you already did your shopping and forgot to add it to your list. Make your own. A little water and some white vinegar will do the trick; after all, you still have the spray bottle. To clean those mirrors and windows through the house, use your newspaper, works wonders and a lot cheaper than paper towels.
- You can make soap last 50% longer. When you buy your favorite soap, open both ends of the paper of each bar. Soap should dry for 30 days and it will last 50% longer while in use. As it is drying, place in the linen closet, dresser drawer, or wherever, it acts as a sachet.
- Wash in cold water whenever possible. Laundry detergents today work just as well in cold or hot. Running the water heater less saves quite a few pennies. Change brands of your detergent frequently. Why? It can build up in your clothes and cause them to dull. A different detergent will wash out the last one. Buy the least expensive brands, your clothes or your washing machine won’t know the difference.
- Vacuum your refrigerator’s coils: When was the last time you did that? Keeping the coils clean increases energy efficiency, saving you about 6 percent of your fridge’s electric bill, according to a study by the Sacramento Municipal Utility District.
- Clean or replace the AC filter: According to the Energy Department, an air conditioner with a dirty filter can suck up 5 percent to 15 percent more electricity than with a clean one. That could easily add up to a savings of $20 per month for a medium-sized window unit.
Recipe for the Month:
There’s nothing like a one dish meal that taste great, is easy to make and doesn’t break the budget. Here is one that meets these criteria—in fact, it can be made for $1 or less per serving.
- 1/4 cup lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1-1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat, tenders removed
Whisk lime juice, oil, vinegar, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Stir in jalapeno. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over it, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once, or overnight.
Preheat grill to high heat. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly; thinly slice crosswise. Serve warm or chilled.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for up to 1 day and/or refrigerate cooked chicken for up to 1 day. Slice just before serving.
- To oil a grill: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
We are so glad that you are a part of our Coupon Claim family! If you have any ideas that you would like to share with others for how to save money, want to pass along a favorite recipe or have learned of a great way to add coupons to your coupon file, we would love to hear them. Please share them at Coupon Claim on Facebook , Twitter or on Coupon Claim blog post page.
–Mo and Z