Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at couponclaim.com…
Don’t you just love Autumn! The beauty of the leaves as they change, the cooler temperatures, fall parties and watching the kids play in the leaves –yes , these are all elements of a fabulous fall season. Of course, if you can find more ways to save on items like rakes, garden or lawn care tools, or perhaps those Halloween costumes, then even better! So, to help you out, here are coupons, savings codes and recipes from Coupon Claim.
This Week’s Savings from Coupon Claim:
Get 40% off fireplaces at Home Depot. You will also find other great saving opportunities when you visit Home Depot on Coupon Claim.
ImprovementsCatalog.com $20 off orders over $100 or $40 off orders over $200 Coupon CODE: MP2K3237 EXPIRES:10-19-2012
Use CK10 to save 10% on Halloween costumes from Costume Kingdom.
Be sure to visit Target’s Facebook page to sign up for your Free Fall Beauty Bag.
Free Jergens lotion.
Coupon for free trial size of Herbal Essence
Shallow Pocket Tips:
Looking for ways to stretch your budget? Here are some great Shallow Pockets Tips.
- Try inserting a dollar bill in the gaps around your windows and doors. If you can do this, then you need to add some weather stripping.
- Don’t leave extension cords laying around the house or in the yard after setting up light displays or yard tools. This causes wear and tear on the cords.
- Turn on all of the exhaust fans in the house (including any kitchen fans that vent outside) and put the clothes dryer on the ‘air dry’ setting.
- Did you know that the filter above your stove top should isn’t supposed to look like a grease spill? But, rather than buying a new one, simply take it out and place in your dishwasher with your next load. It will them be good as new.
- Don’t forget about the grape Kool-Aid: Pour a package (unsweetened, of course) in the toilet tank in the back; if the water in the toilet bowl turns purple without flushing it, then your toilet is leaking and probably needs a new flapper or other seals.
These tips were found on Good Housekeeping’s site, but are so good, we thought we should share them with you! We would love to hear of your personal faves for saving money. Feel free to post them on our Facebook page!
Recipes for the Month:
When there is a nip in the air, then it’s the perfect time for soups or stews. Here is a great soup perfect for a fall day. And even better, it is less $3 per serving. The Cheesy Bread goes great with either recipe below. These are so good; your family will be asking for them all the time!
½ lb. turkey Italian sausage
¾ cup chopped red onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (14 ½ oz.) cans diced, Italian tomatoes
2 (14 ½ oz.) cans chicken broth
½ tsp. ground pepper
1 (9 oz.) package cheese tortellini
Remove casings and cook sausage with the garlic and onion over medium heat. Add tomatoes and next 2 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add tortellini and cook for 6 minutes.
1 stick of butter, soften
1 clove garlic or ½ tsp. garlic powder
1 Tsp. dried Italian herbs (Could also use fresh 1/2 Tbs. each fresh basil and parsley)
2 Tbs. parmesan cheese
¼ cup shredded cheese of your choice (best with a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
4-6 slices of Italian or French bread loaf
Be sure the butter is soft, then mix in garlic, herbs and cheeses. Spread on the bread then place in broil until reaches desired doneness.
Chicken & Sausage with Pasta
2-3 Large chicken breast- cut into 1.5-2 inch strips
1 lb. Italian sausage links
1 jar spaghetti sauce of your choice
1 (14.5 oz.) can of chicken broth
1 box Pasta of your choice
Pour sauce and broth into a slow cooker or crock-pot. Pan sear chicken and sausage—this can be done the night before, or at the time of preparation. When meat has been seared, add to the sauce. Let meats simmer on high in the sauce for at least 4 hours (longer is fine, just set cooker on low). When ready to have the meal, make pasta, according directions and serve with the sauce and cheesy bread.
There are so many ways to say money! Whether it is on groceries, eating out, saving on Christmas presents or tasty recipes, we would love to hear from you. You can share your ideas at Coupon Claim on Facebook , Twitter or on Coupon Claim blog post page.
–Mo and Z