For many parents the month of August is a mad dash to make the most of the remaining summer vacation combined with the rush of getting school supplies and clothing needs purchased. If money has been allotted in the budget then is a bit easier to face, but if you can take said budget and stretch it further, then that is even better!
- For some of the best school supplies deals don’t overlook the basics. Target, Wal-Mart and K-mart all have school supplies and will be more reasonably priced. For example, you can find a five pack of Bic highlighters for less than $3 at Wal-mart and they sell for more than $6 at Staples. These stores also offer online coupons and in-store pick up so you money goes even farther and you can avoid the crowds in the store.
- Check out Office Max where you can get wooden rulers for only 5 cents each.
- If buying a new computer is on your list of supplies, then go directly to the source. Buying from Dell or Gateway not only cuts out the middleman, but you are able to customize the computer according to your needs, rather than buying a computer and then spending more money to add to it later on.
- Don’t overlook stores such as Kohls for great deals on clothing, or stores such as CVS to get great prices on supplies like notebook paper, pencils and even backpacks.
- Take advantage of tax free weekends. Currently 17 states have them. By watching for this great event you could easily add up to 10% to your shopping budget.
- Buy just what is needed for the first few weeks of school, and then wait for the other items to go on clearance after school starts.
Going back to school doesn’t have top mean paying high prices. Take the time to compare prices, watch for sales and use coupon sites like Coupon Claim so you can save money.
2 CommentsLeave a Reply