Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at couponclaim.com…
From Mother’s Day to Memorial Day, this month is full of reminders to say, “Thanks for all you do.” Of course, these special days also bring with them the opportunity to visit with family and friends. So, what plans do you have for the month of May? Here at Coupon Claim, we hope you have a May filled with fun, family and friends. Here are some coupons and freebies to help make the month even better.
This Week’s Savings from Coupon Claim:
- Free Shipping at New Egg on Intel products and $100 off on Zotac Intel Atom Dual-Core NVIDIA HDD Blu-ray Mini-PC – $399.99 use code ZBOXHD100BR
- Take advantage of the great savings in the Entertainment Book. Check it out at TicketBells use the code: Bells
- Home Depot: Save 20% to 50% on select lawn furniture.
- 50% off Polar Bear Rocker at Pottery Barn Kids; on sale for $99.99, originally $199
- Find Free Shipping and 20% off coupons at Mattel!
Free printable coupons to help lower your shopping bill.
Enjoy a Free Kids Meal at Boston Market with Purchase of adult meal now through May 22.
‘Like’ Bigelow Tea on Facebook and order your FREE sample of their brewed beverage!
Shallow Pocket Tips:
Whether it is a Mother’s Day celebration, a birthday party or a backyard barbecue to welcome in summer, it can be expensive when it comes to party foods, favors and fun activities. Here are some ways to save on all your party action.
- Skip goodie bags completely, have a simple make and take it craft project. Dollar stores often have a large assortment of items that can be painted or decorated for much less than the cost of goodie bag items.
- Keep paper products simple rather than buying character plates. Then just purchase a couple of items to go with the theme.
- Take advantage of online tools like Facebook’s event planner, to get the word out about your party rather than spending money on paper invitations.
- If you have an Aldis Grocery Store within reasonable driving distance, make it a point to shop there. You will find a good selection at much better prices and equal, if not better quality than other national chains.
- Get great prices on meat by shopping later in the evening-especially on Sunday nights-and look for the items that have sale tickets. On Sunday evenings, many grocery stores will reduce the cost of the packs of fresh meat to make room for Monday’s supplies.
Recipes for the Month:
When cooking for a family and trying to stay on a budget, you not only want to save money but also enjoy foods that are healthy and tasty as well. In addition, you want some variety so you don’t feel as though you are serving the same ol’ same ol’. Here are 3 recipes that can help you do both. In fact, they each work out to $3 (or less) a serving.
Large bag of fresh baby spinach
8 oz strawberries, sliced
8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
2 shallots, finely sliced
Thinly sliced almonds or chopped pecans (opt.)
Chunked apples (opt.)
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and serve with the light vinaigrette of your choice. It is especially nice with a raspberry or pomegranate based dressing.
Grilled Chicken or fish would be ideal with this. Whether you choose to make a marinade of your own ( A personal favorite is one made with crushed fresh garlic, slices of lemon or lime, crushed basil leaves—fresh is best- 2:1 parts olive oil to apple cider vinegar) or to use a store bought one, having chicken or fish will be easy and light. You could also marinade and then baste the meat with the same vinaigrette to be used for the salad.
Apple Drop Cookies
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup finely chopped unpeeled apples
Cream butter with sugars; beat in egg and vanilla.
Sift together the dry ingredients then add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, raisins and chopped apples.
Drop cookie dough by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes about 3 dozen apple cookies
At Coupon Claim, it’s all about saving money. Whether it is by giving you ways to get free stuff, by sharing tips that we have found useful in lowering energy costs, or by providing you with budget friendly recipes, Coupon Claim wants to help you make the most of your household income. That is why we search the Web to find the latest and best deals for saving money. So, if you have any money saving tips, ideas, recipes, jokes or even questions, we would love to for you to share them with us here or at Coupon Claim on Facebook or Twitter. In addition, if you haven’t read our recent posts, be sure to take some to visit the weekly Coupon Claim blog post.
–-Mo and Z